Here are a fewcharts from today's jobs report. I also charted the states with the highest and lowest unemployment rates.
Click charts for larger image.
1. Civilian Unemployment Rate
2. Duration of Unemployment--This is the most troubling aspect of the unemployment situation. These people could end up being permanently unemployed.
3. Civilian Employment-Population Ratio
4. 4-Week Moving Average Initial Jobless Claims--Usually the end of a recession is when the number falls below 400,000. We are currently around 450,000.
5. States With The Highest Unemployment Rate
6. States With The Lowest Unemployment Rate
These are some depressing charts!
Have a good weekend.
Black Swan Insights